Taking on New Pupils NOW - Join our Waiting List!
Taking on New Pupils NOW - Join our Waiting List!
All bookings are accepted on the understanding that the pupil has read and agreed to the terms and conditions outlined below. The following terms and conditions form the basis a contract between you and the instructor appointed by DriveAndPass for driving lessons.
1. General Conduct
Your instructor will always be courteous, polite, tidy and punctual. He/she will also behave in a professional and ethical manner at all times. The training vehicle will be well maintained, clean and tidy. It will also be fitted with dual-controls and properly insured as a driving instructor`s vehicle. Any claims made against the instructor as the result of an accident will be restricted to the terms of the insurance policy which is current at the time of the incident. Details of the policy will be made available on request. Smoking is not permitted in the car.
2. Qualifications - Your lesson will be conducted by a fully qualified DVSA Approved Instructor and DBS cleared.
3. Bookings – Your instructor will send you a text at the beginning of each week asking you for your availability and number of lessons. Training session dates and times will be sent to you but must be confirmed by you by time and date specified on the text otherwise the lesson will not go ahead and the slot may be offered to another pupil. Whilst he´ll try and get you your dates and times, this cannot be guaranteed. You must reply within the requested time so the instructor can plan classes for all pupils. If you do not, you may lose the opportunity for that week and have to wait for the following week. If you do not respond after 3 weeks of text requests, we´ll not send more and the onus will be on you to contact us to resume classes. If do not contact us within 6 weeks for driving lessons, we´ll assume you do not wish to continue and in order to comply with Data Protection measures, we shall destroy your training records. You will lose your place on the driving course.
4. Course Content and Materials - Your instructor will use colour visual training aids to complete the exercise. On request you can download a training App to record progress. Your training will be based on the DVSA syllabus with the aim of getting you to test standard to pass the DVSA practical driving test. When you start your course with us, it is continuous and so we appreciate your regular commitment to enable us to get you trained efficiently. Leaving a large gap in your training diminishes your learning ability and affects our pupil planning. We understand personal circumstances may affect your continuity creating gaps in your training but if you wish to maintain a place on the course please accept regular sessions as any gaps of 3 + offers of training would mean you would have to go on our waiting list which may further delay your training. We can waive this on exceptional circumstances if you tell your instructor in advance.
5. Driving Licence and Eyesight - The learner must hold a current, valid driving licence (provisional or full), which must be produced on or in advance of their first lesson. The learner must also check that they can read a number plate at a distance of 20.5 metres with glasses if normally worn. Please let us know of anything medical or legal which may affect your driving legitimacy.
6. Prices and Payments – Please check online or with your instructor for prices. We reserve the right to change prices at any moment.
6.1 At time of booking, Bank Transfer. We cannot accept bank transfers at any other time.
6.2 On the day of your class. Cash only. Introductory/promotional prices to new customers is a choice of one option only. Once that price option is used, we then apply prices based on the normal price list.
7. Lesson Cancellation or No Show – Please inform us within 24 hours if you wish to change the date or cancel your class without charge. Cancellations of less than 24 hours incur the cost of £25.00 No Show - Your instructor will wait for 15 minutes and will then leave. After that, it is considered a No Show. Any no show will incur the full cost of the class booked. We reserve the right to postpone lessons if the weather or road conditions are unsuitable or dangerous and re-arrange another suitable date and time with you. The instructor cannot be held responsible for any costs whatsoever as a result of having to postpone your lesson for whatever reason. Exception: There will be no cancellation fee for Covit-19 if you ore anyone else you have been on contact with. We may request more information. We rely on your honesty and trust nobody will abuse this exception.
8. The Practical Driving Test - DVSA Driving tests should be booked by the pupil after having completed the DVSA Syllabus and obtained the instructor´s agreement on you meeting DVSA test standard and availability of car. There will be a fee equal to 1.5 hour training cost. You can use the car you trained in which will have dual controls, a full MOT and be fully serviced. We cannot be held responsible for any unexpected or unforeseen mechanical/electrical failure during the test which may result in the cancellation of the test.
9. Punctuality - Pupils are requested to be punctual for lesson appointments. If you are late we cannot extend the lesson. If your instructor is delayed due to unforeseen circumstances, he´ll contact you to let you know of delay and any lesson time lost as a result of this would be made up by your instructor at the end of the normal lesson time or alternatively at a later date.
10. Learner Comfort and Safety - In the interests of comfort and safety, pupils are advised that if they wear glasses for driving to always bring for training. Also remember to wear suitable footwear and clothing which does not restrict movement. Pupils must advise the instructor of any medication they are taking or anything else that may affect their ability to drive safely. We ensure your training car is maintained for training and test but we cannot predict a puncture, mechanical or electrical problem. In the case of breakdown we cannot be held responsible and the pupil would be required to get home at their own expense. Any remaining time lost would be given in a future training session.
11. Illness - Due to the close working proximity, if your instructor has an infectious illness you will be advised in advance and given the option to postpone (without penalty) or go ahead with the planned class. Equally, if you have a known infectious illness, we request you to inform in advance your instructor and postpone your class until the period of infection has gone. If your instructor is ill and a replacement cannot be found, you will be advised as early as possible and an alternative class date offered.
12. Complaints/Refunds - In the event of a complaint or request of refund, Drive And Pass will make efforts to resolve this as soon as possible.
13. Your statutory rights - These terms and conditions will not affect your statutory rights relating described services provided. If you have any doubts about your statutory rights please contact your local Trading Standards Department or Citizen's Advice Bureau.
Driveandpass.co.uk is a trade name belonging to Envision Project Limited, 5 Cromwell Drive, East Leake, Loughborough, LE12 6LZ. Registered in Companies House: 12054497
If you have any questions about the terms and conditions outlined in this document please contact us before booking.
Please read carefully the terms and conditions as you will be requested to sign to confirm your agreement with your instructor.