Use our FREE APP to track your progress!
All bookings are accepted on the understanding that the pupil has read and agreed to the terms and conditions outlined below. The following terms and conditions form the basis a contract between you and the instructor appointed by DriveAndPass for driving lessons.
1. General Conduct
Your instructor will always be courteous, polite, tidy and punctual. He/she will also behave in a professional and ethical manner at all times. The training vehicle will be well maintained, clean and tidy. It will also be fitted with dual-controls and properly insured as a driving instructors vehicle. Any claims made against the instructor as the result of an accident will be restricted to the terms of the insurance policy which is current at the time of the incident. Details of the policy will be made available on request. Smoking is not permitted in the car.
2. Qualifications - Your lesson will be conducted by a fully qualified DVSA approved instructor and DBS cleared.
3. Bookings – Your instructor will send you a text at the beginning of each week asking you for your availability and number of lessons. Training session dates and times will be sent to you but must be confirmed by you. Whilst he´ll try and get you your dates and times, this cannot be guaranteed. You must reply within the requested time so the instructor can plan classes for all pupils. If you do not, you may lose the opportunity for that week and have to wait for the following week. If after a period of 3 months you do not contact for further driving lessons, we´ll assume you do not wish to continue and in order to comply with Data Protection procedures, we shall destroy your training records.
4. Course Content and Materials - Your instructor will use colour visual training aids to complete the exercise. On request you can download a training App to record progress. Your training will be based on the DVSA syllabus with the aim of getting you to test standard to pass the DVSA practical driving test.
5. Driving License and Eyesight - The learner must hold a current, valid driving licence (provisional or full), which must be produced on or in advance of their first lesson. The learner must also check that they can read a number plate at a distance of 20.5 metres with glasses if normally worn. Please let us know of anything medical or legal which may affect your driving legality.
6. Prices and Payments – Please check online or with your instructor prices. We reserve the right to change prices without notice. Cash payments should be made on the day of your class and bank transfers on the same day as the booking. Introductory/promotional prices to new customers is a choice of one option only. Once that price option is used, we then apply prices based on the normal price list.
7. Lesson Cancellation or No Show – Please inform us within 24 hours if you wish to change the date or cancel your class otherwise there will be a £25 fee. No Show: Your instructor will wait for 15 minutes and will then leave. Any no show will incur a fee of £25. We reserve the right to postpone lessons if the weather or road conditions are unsuitable or dangerous. The instructor cannot be held responsible for any costs incurred as a result of having to postpone any lessons, for whatever reason.
8. The Driving Test - DVSA Driving tests should be booked by the pupil after having checked the instructor´s agreement on pupil meeting test standard and availability of car. There will be a fee equal to 1 hour training cost. The car will have dual control, a full MOT and is regularly checked and maintained. We cannot be held responsible for any unexpected mechanical failure during the test which may result in the cancellation of the test.
9. Punctuality - Pupils are requested to be punctual for lesson appointments. If you are late we cannot extend the lesson. If your instructor is delayed due to unforeseen circumstances, he´ll contact you to let you know of delay and any lesson time lost as a result of this would be made up by your instructor at the end of the normal lesson time if possible or at a later date.
10. Learner Comfort and Safety - In the interests of comfort and safety, pupils are advised that if they wear glasses for driving to always bring for training. Also remember to wear suitable footwear and clothing which does not restrict movement. Pupils must advise the instructor of any medication they are taking that may affect their ability to drive safely.
11. Illness - Due to the close working proximity if your instructor has a contagious illness or flu, you will be advised in advance and given the option to postpone or go ahead with the planned class. Equally, if you have a known contagious illness, we request you to inform in advance your instructor and postpone your class until the period of contamination has gone. If your instructor is ill and a replacement cannot be found, you will be advised as early as possible and an alternative class date offered.
12. Complaints/Refunds - In the event of a complaint or request of refund, Drive And Pass will make efforts to resolve this as soon as possible.
13. Your statutory rights - These terms and conditions will not reduce your statutory rights relating described services provided. If you have any doubts about your statutory rights please contact your local Trading Standards Department or Citizen's Advice Bureau.
Driveandpass.co.uk is a trade name belonging to Envision Project Limited, 5 Cromwell Drive, East Leake, Loughborough, LE12 6LZ. Registered in Companies House: 12054497
If you have any questions about the terms and conditions outlined in this document please contact us before booking.
Please read carefully the terms and conditions as you will be requested to sign to confirm your agreement with your instructor.